Scientific Cooperation | Gdynia Maritime University
The activities at particular faculties are implemented within the following areas:
- Development of the concept of e-Navigation within the framework of maritime transport telematics in the context of the integration of navigation and telecommunications systems,
- Modeling the safety of navigation, reliability of search and life rescue at sea; management of the safe operation of ships; creating model transport instructions for various cargoes on sea-going ships,
- Operation of maritime transport and logistics systems; construction, operation, management and development of port systems,
- Optimization of the use of real-time GNSS measurement methods, development of electronic navigational charts,
- Study of hydro-climatic changes and variability of weather and hydro-climatic conditions in the Baltic Sea.
Marine Engineering Faculty
- Machine diagnostics including diesel engines and marine turbines based on modern non-invasive methods to assess the technical condition of marine engines, such as measurements and analysis of indicator plots, measurement and analysis of vibrations, measurement of acoustic emission, measurement and analysis of exhaust emissions, and thermal imaging, video endoscopy,
- Research in the field of modeling of naval propulsion systems as well as statics and dynamics of ship power transmission systems,
- Research on changes in physical parameters of sea water contaminated with oil-derived substances, searching for new methods for detecting and identifying oil pollution at sea,
- Research on the properties of modern materials used in shipbuilding and the operational properties of metal-ceramic coatings.
Electrical Engineering Faculty
- Assessment of the energy quality of the power system on board ships based on the measurement and analysis of indicators characterizing the electric energy quality of the ship in the light of the rules and requirements of classification societies,
- Automation of ship traffic control processes, automation of power plant and ship power plant as well as ship and land electric power units built on the basis of power electronic converters,
- Modeling of electronic, optoelectronic and microwave elements and systems together with high-frequency applications of electromagnetic field theory.
Entrepreneurship and Quality Science Faculty
- Techniques for analysis, evaluation and optimization of software reliability; application of information technology in supporting decision-making processes and data analysis, including Big Data; computer techniques in the analysis of the security of maritime transport systems;
- Application of new instrumental methods for assessing the quality of food products and eco-balance methods in the environmental impact assessment; chemical contamination of food and microbiological aspects of food quality and safety,
- International trade, including trade by sea and land and sea transport chains; modeling market structures in the transport and logistics sector; intelligent and innovative solutions for transport, logistics and mobility,
- Research on the economy and in relation to economic phenomena and processes on a regional and global perspective.
Gdynia Maritime University realises also a series of national projects related to fundamental research, infrastructure research, research and development, educational research and research connected with enhancement of scientific-didactic employees’ competences. In total, over the last 10 years 72 projects have been conducted of the total value about 25 million EUR.
The share of projects financed from national and international sources in the total number of projects implemented with the participation of Gdynia Maritime University in 2007-2016.
Share of the value of different types of projects in the total value of projects carried out at Gdynia Maritime University in 2007-2016.
Participation of various types of projects in the number of all projects carried out at Gdynia Maritime University in 2007-2016.