Fund Accountant / State Treet
Job title: Fund Accountant
Job ID: 150664
About State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by performing daily accounting related functions to ensure funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Fund Accountant is the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyses the information received making sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally.
- Complete Net Asset Value calculation ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Complete and prove reasonability of the Fund valuation components.
- Reconciliation - Compares and confirms account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, Research any discrepancies.
- Complete fund accountant checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
Training and Personal Development
- Work with Senior Fund Accountant / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
Specific Qualifications / Skills
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Good command of English.
Critical Behaviors For Success As Defined
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Competitive benefits and salary package
- An International operating environment
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities.
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- Mobility of workforce and the encouragement of rotational career opportunities
Job Opening ID and Application Link
State Street Job ID: 150664
To apply to this position, follow the link:
To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location at: